Thursday, October 23, 2008

The First Entry...



I've never 'blogged' before however, I think it is a great resource to get people together and disseminate information quickly and effectively to all my friends rather than mass emailing.

The purpose of this Blog is to get everyone 'Out There' and active. I want to be in better physical shape but find myself losing motivation when I don't have active goals to reach. I also enjoy socializing with friends but find that only seeing your friends in bars drinking or at the occasional party, concert or sporting event is great but isn't enough to really spend quality time and really get to know people better. 

I've learned a lot about about getting friends together by starting a volleyball team, The Blockheads, almost 2 years ago. From this experience, I found myself and my friends, getting together more often, meeting new people, even getting engaged to new people, and having more of a healthy and dynamic after work life. We all get busy with work and its so easy to be tired after a long day, veg out in front of the tv, either alone or with your significant other and isolate yourself all week long. I am personally tired of being tied to work when I'm done for the day... I want a better life after coming home from the office and on the weekends...a more goal oriented, physically  and socially vibrant life.

Hence this blog.

I think we can use this blog as a way to plan events and create goals so we all can be more dynamic, physically active and enjoy each other's company and forget about work! I find when I'm running, playing beach volleyball, biking, rollerblading, snowboarding etc... I am happiest, I sleep well, I have things other than work to talk about... and just feel great!

Also, there is nothing better than reaching goals that seem impossible and so far away, yet with practice and training are reached! I truly believe we all need these goals and all feel much better about ourselves and our friends when we or they reach the unimaginable!!!

So bare with me and lets go along for the ride together. We'll all get Out There and be more physically and socially active!

Thanks for reading,

El Capitan

No comments: