Friday, October 24, 2008

The Activities...

I pronounce to this blog that I will join in with anyone's goals. If you want to run a marathon, climb a mountain, kayak a river, I will join you!

We will train together, keep each other motivated and rejoice once the goal is completed!

Things we can and should do here in Toronto...

Obviously everything started with Beach Volleyball and The Blockheads!!! Ashbridge's Bay is such a great resource and Not So Pro sports is a great league... we will continue doing beach vball in the spring and summer and this year we'll be trying the North Beach league during the winter session to try out indoor beach volleyball.

Running is another tried tested and true event for us... Each year we run the Sporting Life 10km in early May. This past year's run was great! I truly enjoyed having everyone at my place apres race for breakfast! I suggest we continue the tradition but add a few more races to the year...

There is a half marathon in February, and a bunch of 8km, 10km, 10 miler, half and full marathons in and around the GTA!

Besides volleyball and running there are many other activities that I would like to be involved in...

Triathlons
Multi-Sport Adventure Races - hike, bike kayak sort of things
Mountain Biking
Snowboarding
Urban Challenges - multisport races in the city
Canoe Trips in Algonquin, Killarney
Multi Day backpacking trips
Outdoor Rock Climbing - on the escarpment
Mountain Climbing
Skydiving
Paragliding
Wakeboarding
Adventure Traveling - Who wants to climb up to Machu Piccu in Peru?
etc...etc...etc...

We can take part in organized events or with enough people we can do our own thing like a game of baseball in the park.

I think we can all find common events of interest and come together not just for the sport of it... but also for the social aspect and being with friends outside of a restaurant, bar, and living room!

Obviously somethings are more time consuming than others but hey... I'd rather be playing than working... plus I'd rather lead a more enriched after work life than just vegging out in front of the tv...

So are you with me?

What do you want to do? Tell me and I will do with you and hopefully others with join us too!

Thats it for today....

El Capitan

No comments: